Join us as we continue to grow!
The Accounting Manager is a new role within Master Technology Group and the primary goal of this position is to contribute to the growth and success of Master Technology Group by being responsible for the daily operation of MTG’s accounting and financial functions.
In addition to overseeing and directing general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cost accounting and tax responsibilities, the Accounting Manager will supervise the accounting staff and oversee and direct workflow processes that meet business finance and compliance requirements.
The Accounting Manager will be required to work closely with Operations, Business Development, Business Technology and the Executive Management Team to meet company process, performance and communication expectations; continually striving to improve the effectiveness and success of the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LMA – Lead your people, Manage your people and hold your people Accountable
- Exhibit strong leadership to maintain a positive working environment with high levels of professionalism, productivity and employee morale
- Develop, motivate and empower direct reports and others to think and perform beyond current levels and strive for continuous improvement
- Utilize effective communication, feedback, performance review tools and support to create a consistent level of accountability throughout your team
- Ensure that accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations
- Ensure accounting processes are followed and reasonable support is provided to all departments to ensure company cash flow requirements are met
- Assist with budget preparation and financial analysis
- Monitor costs and expenses
- Research and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies
- Provide regular reports and performance indicators for executive management and division leaders
- Perform weekly Payroll processing
- Reconcile and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual returns and filings
- Reconcile and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly job reporting; included but not limited to Certified and prevailing wage
- Sales and Use Tax
- Oversee tax compliance for multiple states
- Receive and process correspondence from taxing jurisdictions
- Ensure that all sales and use tax issues are responded to and properly resolved
- Assist with risk assessment on new and existing taxing jurisdictions
- Effectively analyze and identify risks to the organization and assist with strategy development to mitigate risks identified
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our internal and external clients
- Work with fellow company leaders to meet business objectives and push continuous improvement
- Promote cross-departmental teamwork to promote achievement of initiatives and goals of company and individuals
- Understand and apply knowledge of system applications to maximize workflow efficiency
- Identify performance gaps and implement improvement measures such as coaching, internal and/or outside training, goal setting, etc.
- Maintain data integrity of company software systems
- Assume other related duties as required or assigned
- Maintain confidentiality relating to source documents, data, and reports
Our Core Values define who we are and how we operate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Five or more years of accounting and related supervisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures and financial reports
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with accounting and business software applications
- Well organized, accurate and attentive to detail
- Strong time management, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), accounting software and other common programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Customer First: Exceed customer expectations of responsiveness, performance, communication and customer service.
- Above and Beyond: Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Sense of Urgency: Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
- Do the Right Thing: Always acting with honesty and integrity to inspire the trust of others.