Join us as we continue to grow!
Responsible for performing transactional and analytical accounts payable duties. Reviews, prepares, and processes payable invoices and reports. Follows payment process to ensure MTG's continued cashflow. In addition, this position will collaborate with internal and external resources to stay current on use tax requirements and maintain internal use tax reporting documents. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance and has no supervisory responsibilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurate, efficient and effective performance of accounts payable functions which includes but is not limited to:
- Invoice processing
- Tracking and reporting discrepancies
- Payment processing
- Multi-state use tax determinations
- Vendor account management
- Month-end and year-end reporting
- Ensure accuracy of vendor accounts through statement and account maintenance review
- Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors
- Effectively research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Assist Finance personnel with related duties as required or requested
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our internal and external clients
- Promote cross-departmental teamwork to promote achievement of initiatives and goals of company and individuals
- Understand and apply knowledge of system applications to maximize workflow efficiency
- Maintain data integrity of company software systems
- Assume other related duties as required or assigned
- Maintain confidentiality relating to source documents, data, and reports
Our Core Value define who we are and how we operate:
- High school graduate (minimum) with additional training and/or experience in accounting
- One to two years of accounts payable experience preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting, reconciliations and accounts receivable functions
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping concepts and procedures
- Well organized, accurate and attentive to detail
- Strong time management, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word), accounting software and other common programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Customer First: Exceed customer expectations of responsiveness, performance, communication and customer service.
- Above and Beyond: Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Sense of Urgency: Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
- Do the Right Thing: Always acting with honesty and integrity to inspire the trust of others.