The Technical Systems Designer is responsible for designing and estimating technical solutions for our clients. The Technical Systems Designer collaborates with clients, MTG team members, and suppliers to obtain, refine, and communicate project requirements and scopes of work. This includes preparing project information and documentation to ensure effective and efficient execution and accounting for remote and local projects. The position demands a thorough knowledge of low voltage systems and strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and design and technical solutions based on client requirements.
- Assist the client team in creating accurate estimates, proposals, material lists, drawings, diagrams, and specifications.
- Assist with the creation of installation documents to effectively communicate scope of work, skillset, tools required, programming instructions, and any other execution related issue.
- Support Project Managers and Coordinators with technical advice and resources.
- Participate in client meetings and site visits to support solution and proposal development.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineers, Designers, Project Managers, Coordinators, Accounting and MTG Management to create the highest quality products and services possible.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, vendors, partners, manufacturers, and fellow employees.
- Assist with the development and continued improvement of cost-saving designs and procurement methods and efforts to meet or exceed set profit margin expectations.
- Maintain manufacturers certification in all products required to support business.
- Provide high-level support for technical services, installation personnel, and end users.
- Assemble, program, and quality control test equipment prior to installation.
- Provide training, mentoring, and instruction on technical systems to internal staff and external clients.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
Demonstration of MTG’s Core Values:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in low voltage system design.
- Technical school degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Net + Certification or equivalent experience.
- NICET Video System Certification or equivalent experience.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain the following manufacturer certifications: Axis, Exacq, Milestone, Genetec, Open Options, Keyscan, Bosch, and any additional manufactures as needed.
- Understanding of low voltage systems and their integration (video surveillance, intrusion, access control, fire, data cabling, A/V).
- Strong familiarity with industry best practices and trends.
- Strong construction background.
- Understanding of network technology and its practical use and integration with low voltage systems and technology.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to travel for extended installations.
- Bluebeam and estimating software experience/familiarity preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Substantial problem solving, decision-making abilities.
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project-based environment.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other standard programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Customer First: Exceed customer expectations of responsiveness, performance, communication and customer service.
- Above and Beyond: Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Sense of Urgency: Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Team Player: Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
- Do the Right Thing: Always acting with honesty and integrity to inspire the trust of others.