At MTG, a team of talented individuals are shaping the future of technology integration. We're looking for people to join the team who are as excited as we are to build an organization that shows an uncommon level of care for our clients, colleagues, and community.
The Project Manager for Fire/Security is responsible for estimating, proposing, and coordinating the execution of projects for our local clients and occasionally for clients with locations throughout North America. A Project Manager must provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, vendors, partners and Local Service Providers (LSP’s). Utilization of other team members (Finance, Admin, Supply Chain) is a critical component of this position’s success. The position demands strong communications skills, organization, and multi-tasking capabilities to successfully manage and process a high volume of project activity on a daily basis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, vendors, partners and fellow employees
- Coordinate and participate in customer meetings to support development of a solution for the customer
- Work directly with customers and/or MTG trade partners to define the project scope or service need
- Build parts lists, labor estimates, and rental budgets to accurately estimate projects costs.
- Utilize detailed estimate information to craft a proposal for the customer.
- Oversee and direct low voltage/technology construction projects, specifically for Fire/Security related projects
- Direct work force (including subcontractors) and ensure adherence to plans, contract specifications, applicable codes, safety program and best trade practices
- Solicit competitive material pricing and manage timely material delivery, return, and credit
- Solicit any equipment rental pricing and manage timely delivery and return
- Weekly manage costs on all aspects of the project to meet or exceed set profit margin expectations
- Work with and rely upon OPS administrative assistance to create and maintain administrative details in the service management system (Tigerpaw)
- Work closely with Financial Department to meet project AR and AP responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of industry technology/products, standards, requirements, and processes
- Other related and organizational duties as required or assigned.
Demonstration of MTG’s Core Values:
- Strong understanding and experience with Intrusion, Fire, Access control, and Video surveillance technology and installation.
- Practical field experience as a project manager preferred
- Estimating and project management experience preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, decision-making abilities
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project-based environment
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other common programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Exceed customer expectations of responsiveness, performance, communication and customer service.
Above and Beyond:
Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Sense of Urgency:
Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner.
Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
Do the Right Thing:
Always acting with honesty and integrity to inspire the trust of others.