At MTG, a team of talented individuals are shaping the future of technology integration. We have created a community of great people who show an uncommon level of care for our clients, colleagues, and community. We’re looking for excited and motivated individuals who are as excited to build this organization as we are. Isn’t it time you were apart of something great?
The Technology Support Specialist will be working in Level 2 support. Level 2 is an escalation point responsible for troubleshooting, programming, maintaining and servicing clients remotely. The Technology Support Specialist must provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, suppliers and Local Service Partners (LSPs). The position demands a technical aptitude, thorough knowledge of low voltage systems, ability to stay organized, multi-tasking capabilities, and strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
The information in this job description is intended to convey details essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills associated with the position.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Customers, Coordinators, LSP’s, and Project Managers remotely with technical advice, troubleshooting, and resources.
- Troubleshoot installation issues and resolve programming challenges
- Quickly identify and escalate more complex technical issues to proper resource.
- Provide remote and onsite equipment programming.
- Provide remote and onsite commissioning.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, vendors, partners, and fellow employees.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience installing and configuring Video, Electronic Access Control, and Intrusion systems.
- One or several of the following certifications:
- Preferred: Comp TIA NET+, ESNT, NICET Videos Security System Technician, ESA NTS Certification, AXIS Network Video, Milestone, GENETEC, Exacq Technologies, Open Options, BOSCH, KeyScan, American Dynamics, MN Power Limited Technician license.
- Ability to get NET + Certification
- Understanding the of low voltage system needs in different environments. (retail, distribution centers, healthcare, education, office, government)
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Solid problem solving, decision-making abilities.
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project-based environment.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other common programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of software programming and installation tools
- Strong installation, programming and training experience
- Strong knowledge base of the NEC
Master Technology Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Oral Communications
- Speaks clearly and persuasively
- Responds well to questions
- Listens and gets clarifications
- Problem Solving
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Identifies problems in a timely manner
- Resolves problems in early stages
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situation
- Sound Judgment
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Continuously build knowledge and skills:
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursue training and development opportunities for self, division, and company
- Ability to share expertise with others in peer group
- Ability to learn from other in peer group
- Ability to get certification(s)/credentials assigned
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and customers
- Written communications such as emails, letters, reports, etc
- Reliability (attendance, punctuality)
- Alignment with and demonstration of MTG Core Values
- Demonstration of MTG’s Core Values:
- Customer First
- Above and Beyond
- Sense of Urgency
- Team Player
- Do the Right Thing