At MTG, a team of talented individuals are shaping the future of technology integration. We have created a community of great people who show an uncommon level of care for our clients, colleagues, and community. We’re looking for excited and motivated individuals who are as excited to build this organization as we are. Isn’t it time you were a part of something great?
MTG provides technology installation and support services to commercial businesses on both a local and national level. This position is will provide technical support to after-hours installation crews working across the United States.
The Video Surveillance Support Specialist will be part of a team committed to help remote installation personnel with the installation, configuration, turn-up, testing, aiming and focusing of IP cameras in big box retail stores on a national basis.
The position requires a technical aptitude, a basic knowledge of low voltage systems, strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities and good communication and computer skills. Network configuration and troubleshooting experience is helpful but can be taught.
Working hours for this position are 10PM to 7AM Sunday through Thursday.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide remote support to on-site, overnight technicians with technical advice, troubleshooting, and resources
- Provide remote oversight to ensure systems are installed correctly and to established expectations of quality and workmanship
- Provide remote support to ensure cameras are properly installed, named, aimed, focused and validated to client expectations
- Perform necessary VMS configuration for each site
- Assist with troubleshooting to efficiently resolve issues and keep projects on schedule and on budget
- Quickly identify and escalate more complex technical issues to proper resource
- Provide remote equipment programming as needed
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain positive working relationships with clients, fellow employees , and installation partners
- Perform consistent, organized high-quality work
- Communicate clearly with team members and meet deadlines
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience installing and configuring video surveillance cameras and systems
- Basic knowledge of low voltage systems and cabling infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of camera mounting hardware and practices
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other common programs
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Solid problem solving, decision-making abilities
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi-project environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Master Technology Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Ability to meet expected levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Effectiveness at helping installation crews complete projects on time and on budget
- Ability to complete assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to be a valuable member of a project team and willingness to maintain a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Quality and effectiveness of:
- Analyzing facts, problem solving, decision-making, and demonstrating good judgment
- Written communications such as emails, letters, reports, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Reliability (attendance, punctuality, meeting deadlines, etc.)
- Alignment with and demonstration of MTG’s Core Values:
- People First: Consistently displaying an understanding of the importance of positive, helpful relationships with our coworkers, our partners, our suppliers and our clients
- Above and Beyond: Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Sense of Urgency: Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner
- Team Player: Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
- Do the Right Thing: Always acting with honesty, integrity and in a genuinely helpful manner