At MTG, a team of talented individuals are shaping the future of technology integration. We have created a community of great people who show an uncommon level of care for our clients, colleagues, and community. We’re looking for excited and motivated individuals who are as excited to build this organization as we are. Isn’t it time you were a part of something great?
MTG provides technology installation and support services to commercial businesses on both a local and national level. This position will provide customer focused, technology and IT related support to both our customers and our internal staff.
The Technology Support Specialist will be working in Level 1 support. Level 1 is responsible for troubleshooting, programming, maintaining and servicing client systems remotely. The Technology Support Specialist must provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with our clients, colleagues, suppliers, and Local Service Partners (LSPs). The position demands a technical aptitude, thorough knowledge of low voltage systems, ability to stay organized, multi-tasking capabilities, and strong communication skills (verbal and written).
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Customers, Coordinators, Field Technicians, and Project Managers with technical advice, troubleshooting, and resources
- Provide prompt response and resolution to both basic and complex incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, hardware, peripherals and network access
- Ask questions and use diagnostic programs to efficiently and accurately diagnose issues and resolve them according to standard procedures
- Resolve technical problems with connectivity issues with LAN, WAN and VPN systems
- Troubleshoot installation issues and resolve programming challenges
- Quickly identify and escalate more complex technical issues to proper resource
- Provide remote and onsite equipment programming
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, vendors, partners, and fellow employees
- Ability to be on-call after hours and on weekends, on a rotational basis
- Perform consistent, organized high-quality work
- Communicate clearly with team members and meet deadlines
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience installing and configuring Video, Electronic Access Control, Intrusion systems
- Intermediate network knowledge and skills
- One or several of the following certifications:
- Preferred: Comp TIA NET+, ESNT, NICET Videos Security System Technician, ESA NTS Certification, AXIS Network Video, Milestone, GENETEC, Exacq Technologies, Verint, Open Options, BOSCH, KeyScan, American Dynamics, MN Power Limited Technician license
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Solid problem solving, decision-making abilities
- Willing and able to multi-task in a fast paced, multi project-based environment
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other common programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong installation, and programming experience
- Strong knowledge base of the NEC
Master Technology Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Ability to meet expected levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and meet project deadlines
- Ability to be a valuable member of a project team and willingness to maintain a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Quality and effectiveness of:
- Analyzing facts, problem solving, decision-making, and demonstrating good judgment
- Written communications such as emails, letters, reports, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Reliability (attendance, punctuality, meeting deadlines, etc.)
- Alignment with and demonstration of MTG’s Core Values:
- People First: Exceed customer expectations of responsiveness, performance, communication and customer service
- Above and Beyond: Consistently doing more than what is reasonably expected with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Sense of Urgency: Prioritizing tasks and maintain focus to achieve results by responding to questions and requests in a timely manner
- Team Player: Maintaining a positive attitude and treating others in a respectful and supportive manner. Willingness to share knowledge and best trade practices with fellow employees.
- Do the Right Thing: Always acting with honesty and integrity to inspire the trust of others.